Welcome to ICA NSW
All state and territory associations are moving to the Australasian College of Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC)!
- ICA NSW is now in the process of transferring assets and members to ACIPC.
- The existing AICA website at www.aica.org.au continues until the new ACIPC website can be developed. [This existing website will be redirected to the new ACIPC website once it has been developed.]
- ICA NSW is no longer taking new members. Anyone who wishes to join as a new member should contact ACIPC via the AICA website or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please contact ICA NSW office if you need to discuss current membership issues.
|ICA NSW is no longer taking new members. Anyone who wishes to join as a new member should contact ACIPC via the AICA website or by email to email@example.com|
The Infection Control Association NSW Inc (ICA) is the NSW arm of the Australian Infection Control Association (AICA).
By joining ICA members automatically become members of the umbrella association AICA. This occurs by way of 'capitation fees' paid each year to AICA by ICA.
ICA is an Incorporated Association, a not-for-profit organisation.
Through this website, ICA has broadened the support it offers to members and any other persons with an interest in this aspect of health care.
Membership is open to all those who work either full time or part time or who are associated with Infection Control. Members include nurses, microbiologists, those from dental practice, staff health, aged care, long term care, acute hospitals, very small hospitals, mental health, day surgery.
The primary aims of this web site are to:
- Promote Infection Control as an important risk management tool for the provision of best practice health care
- Provide background information, objectives and activities of ICA
- Promote/organise upcoming activities supported by ICA, such as Annual Conferences, information nights, seminars, workshops, education course
- To share knowledge, initiate discussion by encouraging the users of the site to participate in such activities.
- Assist individuals to make contact with local Infection Control Interest Groups as well as at a State level.
- Provide information to those working in Infection Control
Infection Control Association, NSW, Inc
ICA Competition Winners 2011
Name : Lynda Atherton
Facility: Nepean Neonatal Intensive Care Unit